Subscribe via email

Saturday 5 February 2011

Barnet ace: I’m Mad Frankie’s grandson | The Sun |Sport|Football

Barnet ace: I’m Mad Frankie’s grandson | The Sun |Sport|Football: "For his grandad is notorious London gangster 'Mad' Frankie Fraser.

Frankie has spent 42 of his 87 years in prison - after mixing with 1960s gangland figures the Kray twins and Charlie and Eddie Richardson.

An Arsenal fan, he now organises gangland tours of London's East End. But as far as Barnet's new midfield recruit is concerned, 'Mad' Frankie is simply grandad.

Fraser, 23, who moved to Underhill from Port Vale as a free agent during the transfer window, is keen to play down his grandfather's notoriety.

He said: 'I couldn't tell you anything he's done and I've never read a book about it.

'I'm not really interested - he's just my grandad as far as I'm concerned. I've had a bit of stick about it over the years but I never listen to it so it's not a problem.

'He lives in London and he does what he has to do but it's got nothing to do with my football. Like every grandad, he gives me advice but I wouldn't really take advice from him about football.'"

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Blogger Templates